The Home Learning will be sent out today at 4:00 pm. Thank you very much to our parents/caregivers for working so hard to support the wonderful and creative learning taking place at home. We acknowledge that you are wearing many hats as you work from home and parent at the same time – not easy. We are loving all the photographs and videos you share with us. Hopefully, this lovely sunny weather will continue so everyone can get outside for a walk and enjoy the fresh air.
Community Engagement Action Team
Team Leaders:Megan Ebborn, Viv Morley, Helen Rennie-Younger, Karen Rodger, Lorene Hurd
We are looking for parent input on our Community Engagement project which is one of Sunnybrae’s strategic goals for 2021. It would be wonderful to hear from you.
Summary of team’s recent initiatives:
– Sent out a survey to whānau. Thank you for your responses.
– Met with an enthusiastic parent consultation group to gather their ideas on developing an entranceway that reflects the cultural makeup of our school.
– Design concepts for the front entrance were well received by the Board of Trustees.
– The Community Engagement Team met with a number of cultural groups to hear about the strong connections they have with their homeland, and they shared their knowledge, stories and experiences. These sessions have been invaluable in terms of staff gaining an enriched understanding of the different cultural groups we have met with so far. Each group has collated images related to important aspects of their culture that will be used to create wooden panels to celebrate the many cultural groups that make Sunnybrae Normal School unique.
– The Team met during this current Lockdown and decided to pause the cultural meetings during Alert Level 4 as our initiative is driven by building relationships face to face with the various cultural groups in our school.
– Therefore, our revised current focus is to find an artist/group of artists who could help our vision of panels at our front entrance become a reality.
– We also discussed ways to support families when returning to school in Alert Level 2.
Do you know an artist who could help?
Request for Parent/Caregiver Input
Please suggest an artist who would be willing and able to create the wooden panels for each cultural group. If you know of someone, send their name and contact details to Megan Ebborn via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting this exciting project.
Vaccination Message from the Ministry of Education/Ministry of Health
Everyone in Aotearoa New Zealand aged 12 years and over can now book their free COVID-19 vaccination.
– The Ministry of Health advises that two doses of the Pfizer vaccine are necessary to protect each other, our whānau and our community against the Delta variant of the virus.
– Reservations can be made through bookmyvaccine.nz – when booking appointments remember to stay local and book as close to home as possible.
– If you have questions or need help booking, call the COVID Vaccination Healthline 0800 28 29 26.
– It may be possible to book directly at your local general practice, community pharmacy or hauora provider. For more information visit Healthpoint or Karawhiua.
Once again, thank you for your ongoing support. Enjoy the weekend in your bubble.