Our PTA is a voluntary group of friendly and enthusiastic parents/caregivers. They support our Board of Trustees in the following ways:
- Organising fundraising and community events.
- Assisting the Board of Trustees to attain and maintain a high standard in resourcing and our environment. Raised funds are a valuable addition to the government funding/operating grant the school receives.
- Providing parents/caregivers with a practical forum in which to get to know other parents/caregivers from the School and make new friends.
- Providing an informal forum for parents/caregivers to communicate their views and ideas back to the School.
The PTA organises the schools annual International Food Festival, monthly sausage sizzles, children’s discos, biennial art exhibition, annual -athons, and other fundraisers.
Sausage Sizzles: Sausage sizzles are currently held twice a term. Dates for these are advertised in the school newsletter. Students will bring home a reminder note with details the day before each sausage sizzle. We are always in need of some helpers for this, at the following times.
- 9:00 – 9:30 am = Sorting the orders
- 11:00 – 1:00 pm = Cooking sausages on the school bbq and sorting the orders for the individual classrooms.
- 1:15 pm = Helping sort classroom deliveries
- 1:30 – 2:00 pm = Clean-up
Even half an hour of assisting can make a big difference to the smooth running on the day. Our thanks go to our parents and friends of the school who assist with the ordering, collating and cooking of the sausages.
Sunnybrae Facebook Page: Our FaceBook page provides a hub for responsible school community engagement. This page is an additional form of communication to the weekly school newsletter. Our school proactively supports responsible participation in social media and role modelling positive digital citizenship.
All parents/caregivers are warmly invited to attend our meetings (advertised in the school newsletter and on the school calendar) and/or help provide support as a friend of the PTA in many of our activities throughout the year.
2020 Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) members:
Kat Bambury, Freddie Bess, Sabina Darke, Melanie Hanson, Lorene Hurd, Mei Ling Kuan, Justine Mackenzie, Karen Rodger, Karen Simpson and Dora Yang